What would you do/how would you feel?

If a guy you used to be interested in waited until after you were married and happy before telling you he had always liked you.

mommymonkey

Asked by mommymonkey at 9:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• too little, too late
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• it wouldn't matter cause if i choose to marry my husband then he has to be pretty great
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I'd tell him to kick rocks
    nateandlo

Answer by nateandlo at 9:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• My thinking is that he only wants things he can't have, and that is the point of his "attraction". You are forbidden fruit so to speak. I would ignore it.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 10:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• i agree with Lesli, and would add that: now that you are not available, he's telling you of his attraction because now it's "safe". he doesn't have to deal with the implications of a real relationship or commitment to you. he sounds like a real weasel.
    Mamastheword

Answer by Mamastheword at 10:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I agree that he's telling you now that it's safe. He's missed the boat. Let it go.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Ugh, yes, some men (and women) prefer to chase married people because they know if they can they will just have their fun and no responsibility. This is a person who does not care about the person and while it may be flattering at the time, the underlying reason is ugly.
    Anonymous

• Just for clarification- this question is to prove a point to my sister. She's falling for the guys BS, and I want to show her what other women think about it.
    mommymonkey

Answer by mommymonkey at 11:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• it too late.. he had his chance.. and blew it.. he's either a drama starter.. or fatal attractions.
    either way.. he's only going to bring her heartache in the end.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:06 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I had this happen and I had a huge crush on the guy. I told him he was a dumbass. If he liked me he should've made a move but since he didn't I had to move on. And it really sucked because he was a really good friend to me but after I got married and wouldn't leave my husband for him he stopped talking to me.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:18 AM on Jun. 21, 2009