What areas in motherhood do you think you are the weakest?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 9:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Transitions into another stage. Each time my DD switches the way she acts such as attitude/sleep or something of that nature I get all messed up for 1 to 2 weeks! When she turned 1 she completely changed into a toddler overnight I walked around for 2 weeks not knowing what to do! The other month she hit some tantrums terrible twos at 16 mo it took me a week to adjust. Now at 18 mo shes got a whining thing going on & OMG sometimes I just want to walk out of the house & leave! I cant take the whining but give me a few more days & I'll have figured it out. I just hate feeling like I'm lost & thinking "I'm not fit to be a mother"!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• definitely lacking in the patience area.

I am trying to learn how to be more patient, but I still have to give myself a couple of time outs a day to keep from wanting to shoot myself in the head......lol.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• my energy level!
    livetolaughlove

Answer by livetolaughlove at 9:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Energy, i cant keep up with him :)
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 10:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I have NO patience.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 10:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• mostly energy....every now and then patience...but mostly energy
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I'm lazy. Not really, but I feel lazy. I'm a SAHM and I feel like my house should be clean and it never is. I don't even care anymore. The mess will still be there when the kids are older! I just hope they don't get EColi!! j/k.... it's not that bad!
    Anonymous

• Not knowing what the best method of discipline is. I already decided on NO spanking...but where do I go from there? I don't want her to be a self-absorbed terror, but I also don't want her to be CONTROLLED. Am I making sense?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Def patients and expecting too much from him when he is not ready for it. Also, I have a bad habit of comparing him to others in every area. I shouldnt do that.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 11:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Staying clean. I am the mom who freaks over toys in the living room and trashy rooms. (I am not speaking on a toy here or a toy there, I mean CLUTTER).

I also struggle with letting them be. I smother them. too much.We have a fenced back yard and they can not go on the sides of our house to play. They have to be in the back where I can see out of the bay window. I hold their hands everywhere we go. I lost it when I turned around in the car one day and my daughter unbuckled her seatbelt! I check on the several times a night before I go to bed.
    I lost 2 babies so I am afraid something will happen to them.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2009