My 12 mo old has a sensitive stomach and would like to know if anyone elses child has the same reaction?

My 12 mo old son has a sensitive stomach. He has intolerance to soy and milk. If he consumes these products he starts profusely vomitting 3 hours after ingestion. He will continue dry heaving after he is done vomitting for about 5 hours and acts very very ill (Flu like sx). He just had this reaction again this week to another food (I think too greasy chicken nuggets) . He has been to the allergist and we have an appt with the nutrionist at the end of Aug (1st available). Just curious if any other moms experience this?

lovemyboysx2

Asked by lovemyboysx2 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My DD had an issue w/ milk until 16 mo & was on neocate formula. She can handle 1% now. I have lac tos & have issues myself whenI eat too much dairy within a certain time frame. Lucky for us my DD has only shown an issue w/ mustard, too much apple juice, & hotdogs. A lot of kids outgrow food issues that they have when they r young so I wouldnt worry about it too much. I am sorry to hear that he has such a horrible reaction to these things though I wouldnt want to go through it, poor little guy :( Hope things get better.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Chicken nuggets for a baby? Really? Chances are that the nuggets have soy and/or dairy; it is also likely that the bird ate soy.
    You need to take a step backwards, and feed your baby simple single ingredient foods. Baked sweet potato, avocado, cooked beans (lots of calcium and iron), whole grain pasta, brown rice, apple, frozen blueberries.
    Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron is a great book on feeding babies, toddlers and their families. You should be able to find a copy at your local library; there is some good information on the website: www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 10:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• my niece did and she has acid reflex at 3mos old, take her to the dr.She needs a gastrointesine dr
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 10:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• thanks for your replies. We have been to the doc and the allergist has only seen this reaction in children with straight allergies, not the intolerance that my son has (allergy tests were negative) Weird? My son is on hypallergenic formula and I am thinking I will keep him on that until about 16 months and then try to wean in some soy or dairy. If then he still has this reaction they want me to take him to a GI doc. As for him eating chicken nuggets, my first son tolerated them fine and he too has a soy and dairy intolerance that he outgrew. He only had diarrhea, not the severe reaction my little one has. So that is why I didn't think anything of it. My little one seems to handle all the other food fine, so far.
    lovemyboysx2

Answer by lovemyboysx2 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• all three of my girls were dairy sensitive from birth - I had to cut dairy from my diet when I bf, and had to very very slowly wean them onto milk and other dairy products. they were all close to 2 by the time they could manage any kind of dairy
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2009