38 weeks pregnant today and so drepressed. I just want to have my baby already! Anyone go through these feelings?

I've been so depressed over the last week. All I've done is cry. Everyone that I know who was due near (before and after) me has had their baby. I'm the only one left pregnant.

I want to see my baby so bad. I'm just really fustrated with holding everyone else's newborns and not getting to see my own!

I'm sure thi sounds stupid and immature and winey and everything else but I just can't help feeling this way. I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever!

Anyone else been through a bit of late pregnancy depression and fustration?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ow yes, but your almost done and it will all be worth it! Good luck momma.
    Tams_jade

Answer by Tams_jade at 11:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I'm guessing this is your first? :0) Just wait til you are in labor...you'll want to stay pregnant. LOL.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:34 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I understand, but it is almost over. These last couple of weeks are important. The longer the baby is in you the healthier they may be. You will meet your baby soon!!
    Anonymous

• Hon I'm not even as far along as you are, but I am eager to see my baby too! I see everyone else playing with their babies and I can't wait to have mine! Hang in there though Mama; it won't be long now! I just have to keep telling myself the same thing!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I have 3 kids, and felt that way with every single one of them!!!! And then once they came out....I remember thinking....man this was easier when they were still in there!!! It will happen, very soon.
    mamatware

Answer by mamatware at 11:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• WOW! i am so with you. I hit 38 weeks on thursday and just yesterday I was crying about getting it over with. Im so uncomfortable ALL the time. Its hot as hell and Im restless yet I dont have enough energy to make a damn salad for myself. However thanx to my 3 yr old...I do have to drag myself outside once or twice a day, and it does help. We go to the park and play or go swimming. I get my sun shine and take the weight off for a while in the pool and she wears herself out. When we get home we shower and sleep. It helps the time go by and keeps me from becoming to depressed. I know it hard. You just gotta make the best of it. Believe it or not..you will miss being pregnant once the babes here and you just wanna sleep, or watch the rest of a movie, or get out of the house, but may not get a chance. =) Plus its best to give your baby all the time they need!
    LilMzMa

Answer by LilMzMa at 11:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• i'm almost 37 weeks and i'm so miserable, i want to have my baby now. so i know exactly how you feel but you dont have much longer, guess we will just have to wait it out.
    froggiedee

Answer by froggiedee at 12:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I understand how you feel (I'm 39 wks today) but try to enjoy your freedom now to do whatever you need to do and to sleep!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• as I read the above I sort of felt like I was reading about myself. I am 39.5 wks and I have had 2 friends that are prego along with me, one the week before and one the due the same day! and both have already had theirs... so I really. really know what you are feeling, even had one of the friends to tell me to drink castor oil.. and I am just too big of a chicken! Good luck tho.. right now they are getting the attention, I am told "saving the best for last" but if you think about it.. later after eveyone has seen their new little ones.. yours will be big news! Good luck! and COngrats!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Jun. 21, 2009