Could i be leaking amniotic fluid?

well, when i woke up this morning i went to go to the bathroom and went pee. then when i was done, i felt really wet, i looked at my underwear and there was a really big wet spot...with a little yellow in it...
Is this urnine or something else.... also i do have a UTI i dont know if that has to do with anything....

Im only 23 weeks...

Sorrow_Princess

Asked by Sorrow_Princess at 11:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think it's amniotic fluid. when I leaked amniotic fluid, it woke me up. Also it's clear and smells "sweet"
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Yeah, I agree with PP. It probably does have something to do with your UTI. Also, the baby could have pressed on your bladder, causing you to leak a little bit of urine. As PP said, amniotic fluid is clear and usually smells sweet. (although sometimes it has no smell at all.) I wouldn't worry, but go ahead and let your doc know at your next appt. Good luck!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• You can leak amniotic fluid without knowing it, I did. But tangleballlover is right, it is clear and smells sweet. If you are at all concerned, you should go in to your doctor and they can test the fluid pretty easily to see if that's what it is. If you are leaking amniotic fluid, it is necessary that you get it treated immediately because it can cause an infection for you and the baby.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:26 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Thanks ladies, i appreciate your answers.
    Sorrow_Princess

Answer by Sorrow_Princess at 12:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• when my water broke it was clear and a little thick (not like urine at all). It is possible you just peed a little. Most pregnant women do, I peed my pants a little twice during my pregnancy.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 1:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2009