How do I get melted crayon out of the seat of my car?

I just saw today that a crayon had melted and dried in the back seat of my car. I don't know how to get it out. My seat is cloth, so I can't really just scrape it off. Any advice will be appreciated.

AprilW99

Asked by AprilW99 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Home & Garden

• HaHa not that easy. thats kids for ya. I would just scrubing, that all you can really do. Well actually try a wipe and a mr. clean pad. They do wonders for crayons!
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Try using a towel (an old nasty one, that is already pretty much destroyed) and an iron. Dampen the towel a bit, and then put it over the crayon, and hold the iron on it for about 30 seconds at a time, the heat should "remelt" the crayon and transfer it to the towel. I have done this with candle wax on the carpet...but not crayon in the car...it worked on the candle/carpet....so I could see it working here too!
    mamatware

Answer by mamatware at 11:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Murphy's Oil soap. I would take some and rub it on the spot and use a carpet cleaner with really hot water to get it out.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2009