Why doesn't ProLife = AntiWar, AntiDeathPenalty and AntiMilitary?

I truly am not trying to start drama, just trying to understand the other side. For the record, I am pro-choice, pro-military, anti-war, anti-death penalty.

Hate-speech will be reported to cafemom admins (I've done it before, I will do it again).

Asked by rkoloms at 11:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Don't you DARE start with blessings from god bullshit. Keep your 'god' out of MY uterus.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 7:57 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• cause some feel that a fetus isnt life yet and men in war and bout to die are living breathing people
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 11:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Thank you, preggoinmn, for your response. But you have confused me even more. I thought that the basis of the pro-life movement was a belief that life begins at the moment of conception. Which brings up another point. Should Pro-life also = anti- birth control pills; they allow conception to occur, just not implantation/pregnancy.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Because pro lifers only value the life until it's out of the womb...then it's every person for itself.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 11:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Hi SarahColbert (are you related to Stephen?). I see the love-the-fetus-hate-the-child thing all the time; I just don't understand it. Wanting every baby to be born, but not cared for is nonsensical. Allowing the US to have the fastest growing rate of infant mortality is a national disaster.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I don't understand it either. If pro lifers/repubs in general did more to support education and health care and the foster/welfare system, it would be more excusable.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 11:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• oddly as bad as this may sound.. the abortions the war all them deaths sorta balances out our population from its already over grossed stage of people. in an ironic way its sort of a circle of life
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 11:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Pro life and pro choice are not one size fits all concepts- they don't fit in neat little boxes.

I'm pro life, anti abortion, but I am fine with the pill, and in rape cases, the morning after pill.

I am pro death penalty- in that case a person has committed an action and is reaping the consequences. An unborn child does not deserve the death penalty.
    I am pro.military and as far as war goes, as little as possible.

It's like anything else- there are crazies on both sides of the fence, and logic isn't necessarily a part of people's convictions.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:03 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• "all them deaths"

Sigh...
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 12:07 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• sigh what.. was it not proper enough grammar for you? or that death is a fact of life plain and simple people live people die fetus's get aborted fetus's become babies this world is not perfect never will be and i just know that is how it is and i dont lose sleep over it at all
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 12:10 AM on Jun. 21, 2009