Confused about when to take pregnancy test!!??

The box says tell 5 days sooner...and then goes on to say 4 days before your missed period is the earliest it can tell. It's a dollar store test...the only 1 I have money for at the moment so I want to make sure it works. lol!! My period is supposed to start this coming up Friday. When should I take it? Tomorrow or Monday?? Thanks so much! =D

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If you really can't afford another test, wait until Monday.

Here's a site that sells SUPER cheap pregnancy tests I got 20 for 11.75 and they don't charge shipping.

www.babywishes.org
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• that's kinda what I thought. Too bad, I was hoping for an extra special fathers day for hubby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• The tests say it can test up to 5 days sooner but the chance of it being correct decreases the further away from your period you are. If you want to be absolutely sure, test on the date of your missed period. Otherwise, it is very likely you will get a false reading.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 3:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I am 5 wks pregnant, And took the dollar store test the $1 one, it didnt work for me, the $4 one did though, If i was you, I wouldnt take that test until a couple days after your preiod, or the day after, those test that say a few days sooner run the risk of you not producing enough hgc yet, and it might not pick up a positive result. Wait to see if Aunt Flow comes, then take the test!!! I know waiting is the hardest part. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Jun. 21, 2009