Are you still looking for work from home?

If so, how long have you been searching and what have you found? Any scams? I have legitimate work, but have been scammed in the past and am curious if anyone else has fallen for the same things. (MPM, surveys, rebates, tahitian noni juice LOL) Avon didn't even work for me. (I spent too much) So, what's your story?

tcarter1981

Asked by tcarter1981 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• I started my WAH search about 8 years ago, when I turned 18. My mom has been with Avon for ages so it was something I grew up around and new home businesses could be great income. I tried everything, including Avon, which I hated! I stuffed Envelopes, put together toys, read emails, surveys, GPT sites, Mellaleuca, PartyLite, Slumber Parties, Passion Parties, MPM, and a list of others. None of them worked for me. But honestly only one I ever tried was an actual scam. I lost more money on the legit ones than on that one scam.

Now, I have 2 FT businesses (Ameriplan & FreebieForce) and 2 PT businesses (TeaPoria & GreenSmoke) and over 100 Affiliate Ships that I'm turning in to my own online shopping mall...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I found something that I had found over 5 years ago! I had no clue it was what I wanted cause I was new to work at home.

I'm extremel happy to be back and making money!

I only feel sorry for those that joined something similar and got screwed. Im so happy for those that find Procards work at home careers. I'm a helpful person and enjoy when others are happy too.

Work At Home - Procard International

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:41 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• m-avi

I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They do contain ideas for starting your own home based business as well as resources, ideas and links.  You can check them all out in my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Series

I also have my own webstore:  www.sunnybodies.com

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:15 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Yeah Sabrina, I'm with Ameriplan and I'm very happy with it. I'm right with ya on the other things just not being for me!
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 2:39 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• my granny works on her back porch.she takes calls and processes orders. it's not 100% predictable income, but she chooses her own hours and it's a real job, she sent me the links.
    workplacelikehome.com
    apply.westathome.com
    liveops.com
    acddirect.com/jobs

i can't say anything about other jobs listed, but the ones i tried before granny told me about her real companies, cost me more than i made.
    good luck!
    shanythia*
    shanythia

Answer by shanythia at 3:06 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs & clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com. The owner is Tracey Wallace.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 6:41 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I started my biz at home a few months back and absolutly love it! It is with a comp that just recently received an award from the BBB for its ethics and integrity, so NO SCAM! I have 2 little boys running around and to be able to work from home is a huge blessing! If interested in hearing more info, you can visit my website at www.beingunited.com or just email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. I would love to answer any questions and help you out!
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2009