i recntly found out i was pregnant..and i went to tha clinic and thy said im 5 weeks..but its hasnt been 5 weeks since my last period..how is tht??

mrsrice2

Asked by mrsrice2 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They could be wrong, or your last period could have been implantation spotting due to the pregnancy and not a period at all.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:14 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• it was a regular period for 5 days..and i know tht its jus an estimate but its causeing confusing with my fiance..cause he's looking at me like if ur 5 weeks then its not mine..but i jus not im not 5 weeks..wht should i do..i want a second opinion.
    mrsrice2

Answer by mrsrice2 at 12:17 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• your are two weeks pregnate at the time of conception for most people becasue ovulation is the first two weeks so by the time you miss you period you are actually 4 weeks along. If you want to get technical you are really pregnate for 10 months or 40 weeks if you count tne months but some months have 5 weeks so that is were 9 months come from hope this helps
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 12:54 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• if you are 5 weeks pregnant then the sex occurred 3 weeks ago.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• the doctor said i had to ovulate from the 17 of may through the 24...i had sex on the 24,the 28..on down..it still not adding up to be 5 weeks....
    mrsrice2

Answer by mrsrice2 at 1:14 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Its possible, i had my normal periods for the first two months with both of my pregnancies, my doctor said some women get it for the whole nine months....but this is very rare.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 1:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• that sounds like 5 weeks to me since it's been 3 weeks since the ovulation dates (they count 2 weeks BEFORE ovulation) then you add it up... 3 + 2 = 5
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• your actually only 3 weeks they always add 2 weeks on top of it though.
    chickie85

Answer by chickie85 at 4:50 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Yes they are all right above, they always go by the first day of your last period wich adds 2 weeks on. because they dont know the exact time you ovulated they give a 2 week window. I am pregnant with my 3rd, and i am 5 weeks 2 days by drs standards. if you go looking around the internet for what your baby looks like at 2 or 3 weeks pregnant, they are going to show you the conception process, not what the baby looks like!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• You can get more acurrate due date when they do a internal ultrasound, thats the most reliable way when your not sure . hope this helps

momma2hunter

Answer by momma2hunter at 11:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2009