Okay, I'm stupid I know. But my hair is orange now! Please help!!

I am naturally a dark blonde. I bleached my hair a medium ash blonde yesterday and it turned out to be orange. It wasn't outrageously orange, but not what I wanted. So I looked up online and every site I saw said to re-bleach it with a dye meant to get rid of brassyness and orange. Tonight I redid it and now it is a neon bright yellowy-orange!!! Basically it looks horrible and I do not want to be seen with it.
What do I do now?? I have looked at website after webiste and I have gotten conflicting suggestions. Some say not to dye it a darker blond or brown because it will turn even an even worse color. Others say the only way to have normal looking hair is to dye it darker.
How can I fix this AND avoid going to a hair salon? When I have had my hair done before it has always been $100 or more and I CANNOT spend that much on my hair now.
Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I don't know how much it will help but you could try a shampoo made for blonds. It's supposed to take the brassiness out of blond hair. Maybe it will help yours?
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i'd call th closest beauty school and ask for advice, the gals there are pretty good at passing on info and because it's school, the students could fix your color problem for really cheap :) the instructors are there to supervise so you won't look worse when you leave.
    shanythia*
    shanythia

Answer by shanythia at 2:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Get a toner. Go to sallybeautysupply.com and there is a champagne Ice toner. It's pretty.
    Anonymous

• eh..would love to hear how the toner worked...if your hair was as orange as i pictured, i'm doubting the toner did much, other than turn the porous parts a nasty icy-gray-purple color, which will probably wash right out in a few shampoos.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 4:35 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• sw33t is right, when you use one of those color removers it goes in stages....it turns orange and eventually turns a banana yellow color. Then you put the color you want on top of that!

By now your hair is fried. You can get a product called Super Strength and use it once or twice a week for at least 6 weeks then try coloring it again....but this time go to a professional.

And BTW, I've been there done that, but my hair starting falling out and breaking like nothing....I had to CUT IT ALL BUT 2 INCHES OFF!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2009