Vomiting 13 month old....

My DD will be 13 months on the 28. She has throw up 3 times in 2 weeks just randomly, and after she does it she is totally fine. Its not just spit up, it has the acidic smell to it. I called the nurse line and they are not to worried about it, but I am, so i do plan on taking her to the doc on monday. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this?

LizaJayne

Asked by LizaJayne at 12:14 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My Daughter Ava will be 13 months on the 31st!!! I personally haven't dealt with that but think it's great that you're not listening to the nurse and listening to your Motherly instinct and making her an appt. Did you switch her to milk or add anything new to her diet????
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Maybe she was too active after eating? I know my daughter used to have to sit up right and still for a while after eating or she would spit/throw up. She was younger than yours but it could be that. I have heard that teething can cause throwing up, I think its because if they drink milk while they have a touch of a fever or something. I have not experienced that so Im not sure. Or maybe she over ate? Good Luck, and yes, I would take her in if your worried.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:56 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Can you think of anything she has eaten that is different lately? Could she have reflux? My son does that sometimes when he doesn't like the texture or taste of a food. He will just eat something, gag, throw it up, and then he's fine. It would also happen when he was on formula and ate a very acidic fruit (like lemons), it would sour his stomach and he would throw up.
    pat7879

Answer by pat7879 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My DD also would throw up if she didnt sit still after eating for up to 30 mins! She did the projectile thing for a while which was not fun. For the first six months of my DD's life I changed her at least 3 times a day every single day b/c she would throw up that often so some children/babies are more sensitive to others. Def take her in to see ur dr if u feel like there is something seriously wrong, I have taken my DD in several times for things that I thought were an issue but when we got there they said all is well its just normal. Sorry I cant be of any help :(
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 2:20 AM on Jun. 21, 2009