Is sleeping 11 hours a night normal for a 4 month old?

My twins have a bedtime. Bath at 7, and bed at 8. They sleep until about 6 am, we play for about an hour, and take another 2 hour nap. They are amazing boys!! They are gaining weight normally (says their ped) and they even take a few short naps during the day. They eat about 5 times a day. 7-8 oz.
Is this normal? I feel REALLY lucky that BOTH sleep thru the night, and that they are so well tempered.

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if the ped says they are growing normally just consider yourself lucky, you have time for alone time and for sleep. when my daughter was about 3 months old she started sleeping from 8 at night til about 6 in the morning. so every kids is different.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:24 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Just to add, they have been sleeping thru the night this long since 3 months. The first time they slept thru the night, i woke them up and freaked out. Coincidentally, it was the day AFTER they got their 5 shots at the peds.
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 12:17 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• You lucky lucky gal. :) That's completely normal if they wanna do it. Usually around 4 months is when they start sleeping longer stretches. Enjoy it while you can, b/c when teething hits, they may not be so nice :0)
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 12:35 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• thats about what my 4 month old sleeps (most of the time) she is in bed by 9 and usually up around 8:15 (some days she wants up at 5:30).
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 1:17 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My son is almost 10 months and he's been sleeping through the night like that for a long time! Enjoy it girl and get some sleep!!
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 2:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2009