Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kinda help is out there for unemployed single moms??

My daugthers dad has stopped helping me with her and i am doing it all now so i took upon myself to leave him and take her with me but we havent left yet i am trying to learn my options first, now we have no where to go and no money cuz i was a stay at home mom who let him work, I am in desperately need of help.

Answer Question

Asked by HayleighsMom111 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Where are you from?

    Answer by mumma28 at 1:10 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

  • Where I live you can get welfare (state assistance) it would include a monthly check, food stamps, and medical for your child. Of course they dont let you use it for very long. They encourage you to either go to school (which they pay for) or help you learn a little about getting a job. They will also pay day care fees for you, even if you have a family member watch your child while you work. If I were you I would google "(your state) state assistance" and see what comes up. You will probably have to go into the office to actually fill out paper work and meet with a case manager but you should be able to at least see what is available. Oh and also you will probably have to leave him first before they give you anything and if his name is on the birth cert then they may go after him for child support for you as well. Good Luck!

    Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:39 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

  • great answer lovemommy, also, you can call 211 in most cities for family services. they'll help you find places to live, work and turstworthy ppl or places for your angel to stay while you work. i'm in the same boat with you, so keep your head up mama.
    the police dept or your family doctor should also have an idea or at least the name and number of local agencies that will help get you started. there's tons of programs out there and they're waiting to help you out:)
    take care, you're doing the right thing

    Answer by shanythia at 2:21 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

  • I'd like to know whatstate ur in, maybe i can help, i'm certain u can get assistance, u definatley should but, if theres something i can do...

    Answer by mumma28 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

  • in pa

    Answer by HayleighsMom111 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in General Parenting
How Many?

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
[already under pets] Beat Dog?