Why do i feel so sad?

I feel so bad lately that my DS dad couldnt be bothered with him...I know that it is his fathers loss, but it makes me sad for my DS because he doesnt have a father in his life. I think it makes it worse when my oldest DS dad sees him and i dont know how i am going to explain to my youngests DS why oldest DS has a dad and he doesnt :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Don't explain it. Never say a bad word about his father. Even if he is a monster. It will only make you look bad in your son's eyes.

It will be hard but make excuses for his father. One day, when he is old enough to understand it, he will see the man for what he truly is. And he will appreciate that you protected him from the truth when he was too young to understand. It would be devastati9ng for his self-esteem to know now that his father doesn't want to have anything to do with him.

You will be amamzed at how quickly he figures it all out. My brother has a step-son (well, he isn't married to his mother anymore-but he still wants him to come on his weekends with the other kids) who looks at my brother as his father. He has known since he was four or five that his biological father-who he calls by his name-doesn't really care about him.

It is truly sad and it is the father's loss, not the child's. Good luck.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 12:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't make excuses for him... but as the pp said- I would never say anything negative either. Possibly, ask his father what he wants you to tell his son... give him something to think about, at least.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 12:33 AM on Jun. 21, 2009