Vaccinations and Prison...

For those that vaccinate... Would you continue to vaccinate if it became illegal? Would you be willing to face prison time in order to continue vaccinating your children?

For those that do not... Same questions... Would you continue NOT to vaccinate if if was illegal? Would you be willing to face prison time in order to keep your children from recieving vaccinations?

**Here is why I ask. I see very passionate people on both sides of this argument. However faced with legal action how many would back down? How many would toss their passion if it meant they could be in danger themselves? To me those that truly believe in their cause pro or anti should be willing to face prison in order to do what they feel is right for their kids... But I know that most are not. So, think for a moment, what would you honestly do if you had the threat of prison just for continuing with your childs vaccines (or lack of)?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:21 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• well for me i vaccinate, so if it were illegal i probably would go to another country to vaccinate. i'd be worried about getting someone to do it illegaly here not b/c of the threat of jail time for me, if it keeps my kids safe and healthy send me to jail as long as i know they are ok i'll be ok with that, but for fear of getting bad vaccinations, dirty needles etc...b/c if the "doctor" is willing to illegaly give a shot i'd have to wonder what else they were willing to compromise on.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I do not vaccinate. I would face prison or worse to keep my children from ever going through that risk. I figure prison can't be worse that CafeMom once the trolls find out you don't vax... I'm sure the hate mail will start any time, but I do what I know to be best for my kids. Prison isn't half the threat of the chemicals in a vaccine... Hands down, prison wouldn't be enough to keep my from not vaxing...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:33 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I would do what I think is best for my child regardless of the cost.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I would find a doctor who would forge my childs vaccination records. I will never put poison in his body again. He almost died once because I acted like a sheep and gave him shots he did not need. If it became forced I would leave and move to our home in Italy. It would not be America anymore if they forced this on us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I vax and have never heard anything against vaxing that would change my mind. BUT if the government made it illigal I would assume they had good cause and would have the info out there for us. So I guess what I am saying is that as long as the govt has good reason to make it illigal then I wouldnt vax....BUT if all hell broke loose and the govt went nuts then I probably still would (or at least try)
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:08 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i vaccinate and i would do whatever i had to do to keep my kids healthy, if it meant going tojail then so be it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• id go to jail only b/c i have seen what not vacxing can do do animals so i couldnt imagine doing it to a child
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I vaccinate, but I also read about them. I trust my doctor. And alot of schools and daycares wont accept your child without it. So, am I supposed to let my daughter be uneducated because I don't want her to get vaccinated? Also, there was a time when I didn't have much and had to get help from the state for food and WIC. They required me to bring in proof of vaccines. They say you have a choice right now, but if you don't do what they want, you're resources are very limited. And a lot of doctors are very proud and take offense if you question them.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2009