I think my husband is having an affair!

We just moved to a new neighborhood last November and we quickly became friends with the neighbors, let's call them Bob and Sue, across the street. Their son and our daughter became close friends, which made the transition of moving really easy for her. We also carpool the kids to and from school.

Sue had invited me to walk with her and her sister and join their excersize routine. My husband and I tried and once together and then I decided to stay behind and let him join them to get the much needed excercise he needs to loose the weight he needs to.

Everything seemed great until I noticed Sue really flirting with my husband!! I checked him on it and he denys her flirting, etc. Well, I just checked his text message records, and she and him are exchanging emails!!! I want to say something to her but don't know what to say. I would like to tell her husband, bob, but am so confused!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• is there any way you can read his emails??
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:31 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I would confront your husband first. It doesn't sound like enough evidence that they are having an affair...to me it sounds like they are just friends and esp with the exercise, support buddies. Again, I would really talk to your husband if you have concerns. You, of course, will have to admit to snooping. But you can just tell him that you noticed her flirting and felt something was wrong. And you don't like what you have found.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 12:32 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I suppose it depends on the nature of the content in the emails. Obviously it has given you cause for concern, but I think your real issue needs to be with your husband and not Sue. Once you address that issue with your husband, I would cut all ties with the both of them. If Sue or Bob confront them, you just need to be honesty and say, " I don't like the nature of the relationship that your wife/you is having with my husband." Then she can do the explaining and back peddling to her own spouse.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:36 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I would def. question the emails...does she email you? It could be nothing at all...or it could be something more?? If it was me I would probe more into it by asking him...or saying oh sue sent me an email did you get one about blah blah blah... If you have a gut feeling then check it out...the flirting is the 1st sign...it's not a crime to flirt..but now the messages...Best of luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• She is actually texting him not emailing him. She never texts me! I know if I confront him he is going to blow up and get all defensive because I'm snooping!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Can you sneak a peek at his phone and look at the texts?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• If there wasnt something fishy going on you wouldnt snoop.

And I keep everything open to my husband and would always let him "check up" on me if he wants to feel more secure. I have nothing to hide so to me it doesnt matter.

HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 1:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Sometimes a neighbor finds it easier to talk to one spouse over the other. It may just be a simple thing and nothing to worry about. Just ask him if there is anything you need to be concerned with regarding her. Be wary but don't obsess. Keep a watchful eye open for any more signals. If she continues to flirt with him then tell her it makes you feel uncomfortable when she does that. If she continues still then trip her when she walks! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 1:37 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• People flirt? OMG! They are friends. Relax. She is probably like me and doesn't like females at all. Her friends are male. And your husband has simply joined the ranks.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:49 AM on Jun. 21, 2009