Is a nightgown necessary for the hospital?

I say everyone saying they had a nightgown for the hospital but I never wear one of those. I was going to just bring comfy pj pants and these tank tops that I got that button down the middle so you can breastfeed in them..Will that work or do I actually need something like a gown?

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 12:45 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No I always just bring the night clthes that I would usually were. Take what ever you will be comfy in. A night gown is not something you must have
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 12:50 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I was checked a lot afterwards and with all the bleeding I had afterwards I was very glad that I brought a gown so when I laid in bed I just hiked the gown up and the blood got on the pad they put down and not on my nightgown.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 1:09 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I also did the same as vickwu, but if you are ok with your pj pants getting ruined by the blood and you are more comfy in them, then by all means bring them. It's whatever you are comfy in for the most part. But just realize they will probably get bloodied.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• a gown is a good idea just get a moo-moo at k-mart
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I just wore the hospital gown and took a robe to the hospital. I was in bed 95% of the time anyway.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:18 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I brought my normal pj pants and t shirt but I used the hosp gown (ultra easy for breast feeding)until we had the bleeding under control and they said I could take a shower and get dressed. I had my daughter at 7:50am thursday and I showered around 9am friday, then friday evening we went home. I would say just wear the hosp gown and after you can shower wear whatever you want, it dosnt have to be a night gown or even pjs. Just be sure its loose and comfy.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 2:09 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I had a couple nursing nightgowns. They made me feel feminine, and they made it easy to breastfeed.

Answer by Bmat at 6:46 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• At my hospital, they check your healing every couple hours. So you can wear pants of any kind (so long as you don't care if they are bled on) but you will have to pull them down every time the nurses check you. It was easier for me to wear the hospital gown.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:41 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• you'll probably get blood on pants and you'll get checked often, so if you are sore down there trying to lift your butt up every hour or so won't be as comfy as just lifting a nightgown or the hospital gown. I had a c-section and never even wore the nightgown I bought specifically for the hospital....I stayed in two hospital gowns the entire time except the day I got dressed and was released!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I had a c-section also and stayed in the hospital gown for the 1st day and probably the 2nd - while they were still checking the incision and everything all the time. I jus put on my robe while I was up. Then the last 2 days we were there I wore my regular pj's (pants and nursing top). By then you're healed and not messy any more! Good luck!

Wear whatever you are comfortable in!
    Val1313

Answer by Val1313 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2009