I want to have a Feista (Dora) party for my 2 1/2 yr old>3 in October...

so I am thinking instead of the traditonal pizza & chips we'll do some Mexican food. Tacos,Salsa & Chips or Gaucamole (sp)????? Can someone else PLEASE give me some other idea's for food (Mexican food).
I dunno how to write this w/o sounding stupid but ughm-----Dora is Mexican right? She speaks Spanish (Mexican) Whats the differance??? I am sorry if it comes out wrong I just dunno much about other cultures. :(
So we'll have the pinata,a couple other games and of course cake & icecream. Thanks for any help you can give me. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Fried Ice Cream
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Ummm Im not to sure sorry. But you can always look it on google you can also ask a local mexican res.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Dora's exact national isn't really specific, but she is Latin American. Most of her exploits seem to point that she is most likely Puerto Rican. Anyway, you can try making star cookies. Do sugar cookies in star shape with different colors and put little faces on them.

Also you can Explorer's Empanadas: Buy packaged pie dough. Divide it into 12 small balls. On a lightly floured surface, roll each ball into a circle. Combine about 2 1/2 cups of finely chopped cooked chicken, 2 tbsp blanched slivered almonds, 1/4 cup raisins, 1 tsp chili powder, 2 tbsp mild salsa, and 1 egg in a mixing bowl. Put 2 tbsp of the chicken mixture on each circle. Fold the circles over and press the edges together to seal the empanadas. When the empanadas are ready for cooking, you can either fry them in hot oil for 3 minutes on each side or bake them in an oven that has been preheated to 400°F for 15 minutes.

2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:03 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Thanks ladies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• In addition you can try to make Arroz con Leche. It is a sweet rice pudding that Dora made once. I don't know how crazy about it a bunch of three year olds are going to be about that, lol.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:07 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Empanadas are actually a great idea. You can actually buy empanada dough premade and rolled and cut and everything. You can make different fillings, like you can cook some boneless skinless chicken breast with goya adobo sauce, then shred it and put 2 tbsp in each empanada and top with cheese then fold, crimp, and fry. You can also cook ground beef or ground turkey with taco seasoning, put 2 tbsp on the empanada shell, top with cheese, crimp and fry. We love empanadas and actually in the neighborhood where we used to live, we had empanada parties lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• You can also make carmel apple Empanadas
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Taquitos are fun for kids to eat.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:48 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Let them fix up their own tacos to their liking too! Oh and flan is a good dessert! Pinatas and make pretty tissue paper cut out decorations. Colors are key in the decorations. Pin the tail on the Burrito (little donkey).
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:13 AM on Jun. 21, 2009