Such a complicated matter

I feel so horrible, I put my husband through hell. Months ago my husband tried to tell me that he thought I had Postpartum Dep. and because he said it in an "I know all" tone a couple times I told him to never bring it up again. Now, 5months later, after months of fighting and just plain CRAP between us, I have been diagnosed with it.

I feel so bad. It even got to the point that he asked me if I thought our marriage would work, which I later found out what he really meant was "do you even still love me." Because I had treated him so horribly.

Any advice on something I could do to make it up to him? He says its ok, that he understand I had a problem but still......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• gift book fireproof
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:31 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Just learn from the experience, hug his neck and be thankful you have a great husband who understands. He rocks!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I wish my husband would understand like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Give him a REALLY good night of sex. Men equate love with sex. Make it up to him in the bedroom and he will forget all about it.

:)
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:38 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Ur not the only one who goes through these type of issues. I was never diagnosed w/ post stress but I'm sure I had a mild case of it. Right after ur child everything is a whirlwind. I treated my SO like crap a lot of the time during this period (still do sometimes :)!) but we talk things out in length & I make sure he really does understand why & I was the way I was & whats really going on after this we're better or we continue to work on whatever it is we're trying to accomplish. Its ok a lot of us have been through this, u have a great husband for stuck by u. Just express that to him & tell him how thankful u are.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 1:40 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I would start trying to change your behavior towards him. ...which i understand can be difficult. But clearly, you are ready for it. You might try writting him little love notes that he will find throughout his day. A note on the mirrior that says "you're sexy!" or "hey, good look'n" or whatever. another in his work shoes that says, "thanks for putting these on everyday to go to work" maybe another in his pocket or anywhere that he might find it. This is something you can do, that doesnt take much time. But will really make him feel great. good luck.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:53 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Lots of BJs LOL He obviously loves you and has been trying to be understanding, just talk to him and let him know you're sorry. Now that you realize you have a problem maybe it'll be easier to make it better. Just let him know you still love him and want him to be happy too.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 2:08 AM on Jun. 21, 2009