HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH AN UNGREATFUL CHILD WHO NEVER IS HAPPY NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO OR TRY TO DO FOR HER

brighteyes50

Asked by brighteyes50 at 1:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• have her help someone
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Depends on her age
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• you stop helping her. ...It's hard to be greatful for something if you are always used to having it.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:49 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• How old is she? Take her toys away and let her earn them back. If she's a teen, make her get a job.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 2:06 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• If she's over 18 then it is time for her to move out and to get a job, and start doing things for her self. You are her mother not her slave!!
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 3:10 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• 1. Don't do anything for her
    2. Start charging board $$$ for accommodation costs and other expenses.
    3. Make her get a job.
    4. Start treating her like a flat mate and living your life again. No cooking, no cleaning, no toleration of bull shit.
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 3:54 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I will let you know. My freind has the same issue and her daughter is 20 years old. Has part time job and lives at home. NEVER helps at home, NEVER contributes to the household.-- doesnt pay for her car, doesnt pay insurance, doesnt pay upkeep on the car. Gets gas money from her mother. And uses her own money for play.

I thank god everyday my SONS are not like this.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 8:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I came on the adult children (18+) b/c I am 19 with two kids. Although I feel like I am 30, I am 19 and thought you would like to hear from a different perspective....

I was younger when I did this but my mom was very stern and let me have it, but at the same time stuck through it and was there for me. Used to be one of those children who do anything and everything to rebel against my mother I would suggest to be there for her, but also be very stern and let her have it too. Growing up, I realized that it was just a phase in my life and respect and love my mother that much more for being there for me, but at the same time, being very strict wit hme
    LiSsY0924

Answer by LiSsY0924 at 6:10 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I have a 20 yr w/ a baby...she quit schl, sits on her ass, wont help clean the house, wont look for a job....

...Is NEVER greatful for a damn thing we have EVER done or is doing, constantly bitches, moans, groans & complains, is never happy, always has a nasty attitude..

If it wasnt for my grandbaby she'd have been out on her ass by now.

So Trust me, I feel your pain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Need more specifics to answer this!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 11:19 AM on Jun. 24, 2009