How to get rid of ringworm on a kitten? Please Help!!!!

We found a couple kittens in the hay field next to our house a couple weeks ago and brought them home because they were skin and bone and we had found another already dead in the barn. We brought them in the house with the plan to keep them in for a couple of days to tame them down and get use to us feeding them, then put them outside to be barn cats. We did this but the day after we put them out one of our dogs killed one, so we brought the other back in. Now we are all covered in RINGWORM!! I cannot afford to take this kitten to the vet, especially since I really don't want the thing anyway but I am not willing to take to an animal shelter to be killed, how can I get rid of the ringworm. She is just a carrier, she has not spots on her. What do I do to rid the rest of my house of it? Please help!!

luvmyangels2

Asked by luvmyangels2 at 1:48 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Pets

• use a raw or Manuka honey on her if you need info on this message me?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:52 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=82905442405&h=DkNMC&u=QzUwz&ref=mf
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:03 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Betadine baths worked great for us! We brought a kitten with ringworm home too, unknowingly passing it to all of our animals and us. It's a fungal infection. Our vet said to bathe the animals (and humans) that were affected with diluted Betadine once a week (even our horses) and to swap affected areas with Betadine 2 to 3 times a day. It took about 2 -3 weeks for it to clear up.

My SIL got a kitten from the same place, it spread ringworm to her animals and daughter and they spent hundred of dollars on special creams and ointments prescribed by vets and pediatricians for MONTHS that never worked. She even had one of her prize dogs put down because its skin became so infected and rotted from all the meds that didn't work. She refused to try the Betadine because it sounded too simple. Finally, when her daughter developed a large bald spot due to the ringworm, she tried the Betadine. It cleared up.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• get a antifungle cream like lotramen and rub it on the ring worm...my family just went throught this another this that works is listerine it burns b/c of the achole but it kills the ring worm, then ur going to have to bleach what ever the kitten has touched b/c the ring worm can live on surfeces, if its in the wood work around ur house i heard the ring worm can last 30 yrs,id try these thing and see if they work they did for me
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 1:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• put athletes foot cream on the spots on the people takes 3-4 weeks but it clears it up. My fa,ily dr. reccommended it.
    bobbicroft

Answer by bobbicroft at 2:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2009