bathing question...

my dd is getting too big for her little bath tub (finally lol, she's almost 7 months and still fits in it a little.) She has a bumbo seat and I was wondering if it would be ok to use that in the big tub to bath her in.

TNT8687

Asked by TNT8687 at 2:02 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had gotten my DD an inflatable ducky that is small enough for the tub. If u go to the baby section where the shampoo & stuff is at walmart or target they are like $10 or so. It allows her to sit upbut incase she falls less chance of hitting the sides. I was sad when my DD got to big for it :(
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 2:05 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i dont know if you should, because it doesnt have any suction (sp*) to keep it safely secure in the tub, but they have great ones at target for pretty cheap. They convert from a laying down position to upright position. Very simple and safe to use.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 2:10 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I washed my kids in the kitchen sink until they were a year. It is so much easier on the back too.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:15 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I just put my LO inthe tub and lean over the side. I lay her down on my left hand to wash most of her with my right and then let her sit back up. I have done it this way everyday since she was about 6 months she is 18 months now. I have never had any accidents or close calls or anything. I never needed any kind of bath seat. But if your LO is not sitting up unpropped well, then I would find a seat designed for the bath.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 2:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• They have a seat that can go into the bath it sucion cup to the tub my son used that til he was 14months but then learned to sit up and out of it :( so now i bath him in the tub or to make it easier on my i wash him in the sink.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 3:48 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• if she can sit up all by her self then you can use the normal tub just stay with her and dont let her out of you sight
    lovergirl1014

Answer by lovergirl1014 at 3:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2009