filthy house

My sister has 2 girls 11 and 9 she doesnt work and she never cleans her house. She has a dog and cat in it but before she had about 9 dogs. Her house stinks so bad that the last time I went in I had to go right back out for fresh air. She also has roaches BAD! my daughter went in her house the other day and when she opened the door roaches rained on her. Someone called children service on her before and she cleaned house and it lasted until the investigation was over. Her kids are always getting sick and I think it is the filth they are in.Mom has told her numerous times to clean and that her girls stink like the house but she doesnt do anything about it. I thought about calling childrens service but dont want the girls to be taken away. any suggestions or advice on what I can do besides cleaning her house because I cant go in there

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'd take her kids until she can shape up. That's crazy. And did you let your daughter go there after knowing how gross it is and after bugs were on her? GROSS! Sister or not, everybody has a responsability to take care of children. Not just the birth parents!
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 2:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I must agree w/ tcarter I would take the kids into ur house (if ur able to) until their mother cleans up her act. U could also give her some reading material about the hazards of these conditions her kids r living it (although sounds like she wouldnt care). There is always the intervention aproach but again sounds like she may not care.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 2:32 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• tcarter1981 My daughter did go there because she had summer school and my sister was her only ride to the school because I work but she usually stays outside until its time to go. She is 16 and can hold her own over there. We dont let her bring any thing from over there anymore because one time she did and it was in a bag and roaches started crawling out in the car. I was mad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• you and your mother need to step in and take those poor girls! They need a real home to live in. That just breaks my heart!
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 2:57 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• also have you tried talking to your sister? You need to have an intervention with her. She needs to think of her poor girls. Is she mentally stable? it sounds like a mentall illness to me. Have you seen that movie Grey Gardens?
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 3:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Okay they can't just take the girls. But you can call child servies and talk to someone there again and again if ahe does get things together
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• It really sounds like she's suffering from depression. If it's really bad, you may need to get Children's Services involved in order to force her to take care of herself and her children. They deserve better than this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i would go over to her house, take pictures of the house and then tell her that if she doesn't get her act togeher you are going to take the pictures to childrens services and take custody of her kids.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:02 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• thats what i would do u can any other elitive can take the girls so the dont end up in foster care...where is their dad in all of this?
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:54 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• rainmommy---Their daddy is there also he works a full time job and doesnt care what the house looks or smells like
    Anonymous