About a friend

SO I have a friend (female) that is a friend of my husband and he wanted me to befriend her. She is about 10yrs older than me and from korea. Her husband is an asshole to her (cheats, lies etc,) and he is also younger than her by about 10yrs.

All I ever hear from her is how she is ignoring him because he made her mad and I have tried many times to tell her that she should probably tell him why she is mad because men arent mind readers. She doesnt listen, and really I am quite annoyed at this point. And I would love to just not listen anymore but my husband asked me to and when I brought it up kinda guilted me about how she has no friends. What can I do?! Im pulling out my hair!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• This women has no friends b/c of her situation. Yeah its sad but who wants to sit down & have the same convo over & over & over again about someones mean husband? I certainly dont. I wouldnt let ur husband guilt u into being friends w/ someone. Explain to him that there is a reason why she has no friends & then I would maybe stay kinda friends w/ her but only talk/visit w/ her once in a while enough so she can vent but not so often that u go insane! Hope all works our for ya :)
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 2:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I would tell hubby 'she has no friends cause her constant ranting drives everyone away'. I think someone needs to have a talk with her about her negative attitude. If you do choose to stay friends with her I would be very frank and say "listen Nancy, I have something to tell you. Your constant harping about John is really off-putting. I do like you and wish we could talk about other things. I value your friendship and would hate to stop being friends with you over this".
    Let her know it is bothersome. If you do catch her talking about him then say "lets talk about something else now". If you keep doing that she may get the hint to pick a better topic for discussion. Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2009