How to you feel about husbands and strip clubs? Are you okay with your husband getting a lap dance, or tipping the dancer on stage?

Just curious....... my husband actually works at a strip club as a bouncer. It doesn't bother me since he's a faithful man, and he only works there a couple nights as an easy second job. Anyway, he does go there to hang out, too since his buddy works there also, and of course, he can get free drinks, etc. I talked to him a long time ago, though, about how it makes me too uncomfortable for him to get any lap dances or even stage tipping, since I know the girls like to rub their boobs all over their head. My reason mostly is just that particular club since he knows those girls and I don't want them getting some impression that he's available and/or looking to cheat. But, come to think of it, I don't think I'd be comfortable with it at any strip club. I"m not "prudish" or anything. It's not even insecurity or jealousy. I just feel like it's a tiny form of cheating. Do you care if your hubby gets lap dances or anything?

workathome01

Asked by workathome01 at 3:03 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't care if he does, but he never goes without me. He likes to bring me with him everywhere which I love and I know that he wouldn't cheat on me. When we do go, he gets me a lap dance and watches.... LOL that's his turn on and I'm fine with it.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:19 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i dont care if he goes to a strip club. with or without me. But i KNOW i wouldnt feel comfortable with him getting a lapdance. ...and he's only allowed to tip the dancers if i'm with him ...and if i get the biggest best tip when we get home! lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:37 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My husband won't go to them anymore, but that isn't because of me. I don't really care if he tips or gets a lapdance. For his birthday one year, we both went and got lapdances together. I know who he goes home with, so I don't really care.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:01 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My husband used to work at a club as well, he was a bartender. He still goes in sometimes to see some of his friends. As far as dancing and tipping goes, I would be perfectly okay with it if he happened to be in a club where he didn't know anyone. To a dancer he doesn't know, he's just another $40 or so. If it's girls he knows, stage tipping is always okay. Lap dances- it depends on the girl. If it's someone we know and sees him as a buddy, then it's all in good fun. Otherwise, I may not be super okay with it.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 8:01 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• What is wrong with you women? Your husband is your husband & should be respected, protected & honored. I have a dancers body so no, it is not jealousy. He would not want another man dancing for me or rubbing on me & I don't want another woman on my man. When we have sex it is because I turned him on not some body else. You girls don't know what you are missing having total love & respect from one man.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I have total love and respect from my husband and I don't care if he goes out or tips or get s lap dance. SO WHAT. My personal opinion is all women have the same parts they just look a little different, you've seen one you've seen em all. I go with him sometimes... so we must be really screwed up huh, Anon?

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:36 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• hell yes i use to dance.... and i know what happens ,,,in ALL strip clubs. And if you think its okay because you go with him its not. because i saw alot of regulars that go everyday for XXX. and every once in a while they'll bring thier girlfreind or wife, and they would be on thier best behavior. unless your the girl that goes to back with them. and then if he works at night the girls there are more dirty. dont matter how classy it happens everywhere. two girls were dating the cook yuck.... watch out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Don't let the anon scare you. I too used to dance, and I'm not hiding my identity here. Some clubs are more wild than others, and some dancers are more wild than others. But for the most part a lap dance is just what the name implies. I danced for 7 years in 6 different cities in 3 states. I know to some degree what I am talking about here. Trust me. The only thing the dancers find really interesting about your husbands as customers is how much money they spend.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 12:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I don't care if he goes...with me or without me. I don't care if he gets a lap dance or tips either. I've been with him before, seen the lap dance and tipped the girls myself. It's just not a big deal. I know where he spends his nights.........and it's with me!
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 6:25 PM on Jun. 21, 2009