are dizzy spells normal with loss of vision

i am 5 months pregnant and last week i was walking to the bus an had a dizzy spell.. i lost my vision for a cupple of minutes it was very hot out and i hadent eaten anything or drank much. is this normal its only happened onces and i have had one bad dizzy spell before that ? should i be really worryed

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think you should call your doctor just to be safe. It may have just been that you hadn't eaten anything combined with the heat but might be your blood pressure and you shouldn't take any chances.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• it could have been low blood sugar if you hadn't eaten. it happened to me while i was pregnant, dizziness and blackout of vision. also, when i donate blood now, the same things happen due to a drop in blood pressure.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 10:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I had that problem too. My doctor told me to take it slow when i get up. but he said it's normal in some pregnancies. Get the boo, "what to expect when you're expecting". It will explain things to you week for week.
    blue_eyedmomma3

Answer by blue_eyedmomma3 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• sounds more like heat illness. stay hydrated and next time get to the doctor! these are precursory signs of heat stroke.
    hiddenpoet

Answer by hiddenpoet at 10:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Low blood sugar will do it. Lack of hydration will do it. When you are pg especially make sure you are properly hydrated and by all means make sure you eat. Maybe you should keep some hard candy or crackers in your purse or bag..just in case you have one of those spells again. Oh yeah..another cause of that could be low iron. I would get your blood levels checked with your doc if you haven't recently. Please be careful..for you and your unborn.
    Hugs!
    Shele
    SHELEBELLE

Answer by SHELEBELLE at 10:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• it is normal to feel dizzy and faint at the beginning of your pregnancy due to the massive amount of hormones and extra fluid/blood your body is producing. however your vision loss may/may not be due to your dizzy spell. drink plenty of fluids, b/c dehydration is the number one cause of preterm labor. and call your doctor to be safe. you want to rule out preeclampsia or gestational diabetes(which they test for around 24-28wks.).
    lilmommy81

Answer by lilmommy81 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• You probably had a dizzy spell because it was hot and you never ate anything. I've been though that myself. You're just lucky you never faint! You could also have VERTIGO, which consists of blurry vision and dizziness. Go see the doctor just to make sure you and the baby are healthy!
    LaniGirl72

Answer by LaniGirl72 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• WELLLL...silly you have to eat and when out in the sun bring water bottle your body is working for two now and it is tough enough not eating in the sun for one...take good care of your self hun!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 6:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2008