When is a good time to potty train?

Karla411

Asked by Karla411 at 3:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I started my DSS at 18 months. That means i did the first step. 1) put a special potty chair in the bathroom and encouraged him to use it.

He has been fully trained sense about 27 months. ALL kids are different. But i truley belive by introducing the concept early you have already fought half the battle.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:35 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I got my dd a potty at about 15 months, she's 18 months and poops on the potty but nothing else. So we are still waiting to see.... I know all kids are different and I think she's still young yet, but if she wants to do it so I just help her out. Plus she's been dry when she sleeps (even at night!!!) and she's very curious. There isn't really an age I think, it depends on the signs you toddler is showing. I went here and figured it out from there :
    ttp://www.babyzone.com/loadpage/topic.asp?u=y&when=1&ulrname=potty_toilet_training&topiculrname=potty_toilet_training&
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:38 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My son is 18 months and he's starting to let me know when he needs to go potty. He still wears his pull-ups all the time but he knows to pee on the potty when he realizes he has to go. He can't tell me yet but he'll come and pull on me, pull on his pull-up and kind of whine. He's been doing pretty well about peeing on his potty at least once a day.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 8:10 AM on Jun. 21, 2009