Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do when?

It seems as if my ex husband has been brainwashing my 11 and 14 year old into believing things that are forms of manipulation against me to make me look bad. When i hear about these things from them, I calmly ask them if they'd like to hear my side and what the truth is. They both immediately say "no" very quickly and walk away. Is there much I can do? I am really hurting over this and I know this is my ex husbands way of retaliation against me.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (8)
  • You need to go right to your ex and tell him that he needs to stop the bull shit. What happen between you and your ex has nothing to do with the children and he needs to leave the children out of it. I can't stand when an grown MAN or WOMAN puts the children in the middle. You are doing the right thing and now you need to bring it to your ex. Good Luck!

    Answer by raemommy at 4:21 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

  • You can take him to court for that, REALLY!

    Answer by Starfire73 at 4:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

  • Thanks raemommy, Sadly this man is a bully and has even his own family members frozen out of his life so they cannot even get through to him. He keeps telling my daughters that he feels sorry for them that they had to go through a divorce, and they now feel sorry for themselves. I'm afraid he may make them feel depressed over a situation that was out of their control.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

  • Really Starfire? How do I "prove" that?

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

  • Your welcome. If you ever just need a ear to listen im just an e-mail away.
    I am how ever on my way to work now but have a great day. Hope to talk with you soon.

    Answer by raemommy at 5:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

  • My ex tried pulling this crap and when we went to court, I brought it up to the judge and he was warned. Plus the judge can take your children into his/her chambers(They did for my son) And low and behold she was shocked at what my son told her from what my ex was saying. All that happened at the time was he was "warned" as I have FULL CUSTODY.

    Answer by Starfire73 at 5:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

  • We have joint, we are going back to court for modification of visititations, but, girls are so frightened of being "found out" by their dad that they "told on him" that I don't know that they would open up to anyone. Their counselor they're seeing cannot even get them to tell her anything. They let things slip in front of me, but then clam up right away and say, "Never Mind". I don't know if a judge has power to get real truth out of pre-teen girls.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

  • Yes you can take him to court. Neither parent can do anything to cause estrangement from the other parent.

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.