What if....

You knew someone that was about 34-35 weeks pregnant and they hadn't been to the doctor yet? What would you think,do,say,act like? Just wondering?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh my. I don't know. It's not my business nor decision. I personally like to go as soon as I find out I'm pregnant. But some people don't believe in doctors, hospitals, vaccines, circumcision things like that. I personally believe in all of those. But like I said if its not my child its not my decision.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 4:59 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• well my mom didnt go to any doctor vist till she gave bith, but when i found out i was pregant off to the doctors i went, ... i think it is up to the lady to determe if she want medical help
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 5:42 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My preference is to see a doctor since they monitor the baby also and can tell the mom if there is something she needs to do to help her baby while the baby is developing. Also, when delivery times comes, she has developed a relationship with the doctor.

Answer by Bmat at 6:44 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My Aunt actually didn't know she was pregnant ...She had many health issues that masked it......plus overweight.....so she also didn't get a big belly.
    my cousin came out healthy :)
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 8:46 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• If I knew someone? I would tell her I was worried and why- if she still wouldn't go, I would tell her the warning signs of pre-eclampsia and what else she would need to go to the hospital for, just to be sure she knew. I think pre-eclampsia is the most common life-endangering issue and I'd want her to know to go in for that. Even if she can't afford a doctor, she can check her own BP every week

Not ideal- I'd still worry- but I'd try to be positive and helpful and not push her so if she was worried or scared she would come to me and I could help her (instead of nagging her and driving her away)

Good luck!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:47 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I would strongly suggest to my friend that she needs to see a doctor immediately and explain to her the reasons why.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jun. 21, 2009