Were you pregnant when you got married?

If you were, did you change the date at all? did you have a big wedding or small? A church wedding? Did you wear white? How long have you been (or were you) married?

I am just curious. I was 8 months pregnant with my 2nd, had a catholic wedding, did not change the date and did wear white and we have been married 5 years :-)

Mamitamaria

Asked by Mamitamaria at 5:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• I was pregnant.. 6 weeks. Had 3 days to plan it before he left for bootcamp to try to support our family. The wedding was only immediate family and I wore a white dress with blue flowers just cuz it had to be worn in 3 days and $ was tight
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:31 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i was not married when preagant , im have a 3 &1 year old, and im gettign married next year , im not going to wear all whie, ans if i get a all white dress im going to but color on it, but i like ivory
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 5:36 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I was 12 weeks when I got married. That was 12 yrs ago and now we also have a almost 8 yr old boy.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 5:39 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• No, I wasn't. I wore a champagne color dress belonging to my aunt, partly because she had no daughters, and partly because I couldn't afford another, and didn't see a need to since hers was beautiful.

Answer by Bmat at 6:42 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I was 8 months pregnant at the wedding. I wore a very pretty shimmery ivory empire waisted goddess style dress. We had fun with it and had an outdoor fertility themed wedding in the spring. We were planning on an informal wedding anyway. As for changing the date, we didn't even decide for sure we were getting married before the baby came until 6 weeks before. I was fine with waiting, but it was important to him to be married first.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 8:04 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• We were supposed to get married then I told him the wedding was off. After that I found out I was pregnant so I went ahead & married him but did not tell him that I was pregnant until 2 weeks later. A month after being married, I lost the baby. That was over 7 yrs ago & other than our 5 yr old child, I regret ever getting married to him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I was pregnant when I got married but I didn't know till after the wedding. Yes I wore white and it was a small church wedding but it was far from the wedding I wanted (stupid ass mother of mine).
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i was 5 months pregnant at our wedding. we had the date set for a year and a half and had invitations out and everything so we werent about to change the date. it was a medium size wedding outside in my father's backyard (a big one acre of nothing but beautiful lush green grass). i wore an ivry colored dress just because i was so scared that i would ruin a white dress. we will be married 3 years next month.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 9:46 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I just wanted to point out that according to Emily Post Wedding Ettiquet, it is now acceptable for ANY bride to wear white including pregnant brides. The white dress has become a symbol of joy rather than virginity.

I was not pregnant when I got married, in fact dh and I waited until our wedding night. Yet, I wore a beige ivory colored wedding gown just because I thought it was the most beautiful dress I'd ever seen. I wonder what my guests thought....lol.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 10:44 AM on Jun. 21, 2009