Christians what are your thoughts on this?

I was raised to believe that we would not have to go though the tribulation but after reading some verses i think other wise. What do you think.. Can you back it up with verses that says we will be taken out before the tribulation? Here are the verses i found.. God bless
Revelation 2:10-11 "Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death". Paul is showing clearly that Christians must ‘overcome' the tribulation and remain faithful even unto death.
CONT DOWN ......

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 6:53 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am so happy and full of joy as to my stance on the tribulation period! Look at the ancient Jewish wedding and how it parallels with the church. You will see how all of the verses that you are mentioning will connect (as my father says) dot to dot and see that the church will not go through the tribulation.
    I love the following scripture that will let us know where we will be once the tribulation period starts. Look at Revelation 5: 9

"And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth."

Who is singing? Who is "they"? (The church is singing)
    How do we know that it is the church? Because they say that "THOU HAST REDEEMED US" Remember, we are the redeemed.
    lynnsl

Answer by lynnsl at 6:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Matthew 24:21-22 "For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened."
    Revelation 7:14 "And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb'
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:58 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10 "And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day
    hinson7169

• You already know what I believe. ;) Here's another verse to consider:

John 17:15 "I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. "
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• We will be here,Believers! Prepare your faith to go through the furnace! Israel was in Egypt when the plagues fell! Noah was in the world when the flood came! Daniel was thrown into the lions' den! God promises to see us through not remove us from our trials and tribulations. The early church suffered severe persecution. The church suffered in the Dark Ages. What makes this generation so different? J.N. Darby was wrong!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:15 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i believe the word you shared, yes we will go though trubilation, i got the same verse when i was praying once about it. So i believe the Word, but i would rather be marthy for christ, and gain the crown of life...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I personally believe in a pre tribulation rapture. I believe that the Lord does not pour out His wrath on His own people. "For God has not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thes. 5:9

Right now bad things are happening, but this is not the wrath of God. I believe that God will rapture us, and the dead will rise first. We will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air. We will be with the Lord during the Tribulation.

Here is a link to some pages that I agree with.

Pre Trib Rapture Explained

Pre-Trib Rapture  

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:10 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I do believe that there will be some Christians on earth during the Tribulation, the Bible teaches that people will continue to accept Him as their Savior during the Tribulation. That is why He keeps sending them messengers to preach during the time. Most of these believers will be persecuted and killed. God will give them special honor in heaven.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Here is another great link

Thomas Ice

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:21 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I cant currently back it up with scripture but I think it is obvious that Christians must endure the rapture and those left behind must endure the tribulation. If you want the book of revelation interpreted into a fiction-based-on-fact novel you should read the left behind series! They provide alot of insight and thought provoking scenes.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2009