luggage

so i am leaving tuesday and flying home for a week,just curious as to if anyone marks their luggage so they know for 100 percent fact which one is theirs and if you do how do you mark it?I know they have little tags but it doesnt work 2 years ago i did that and i still couldnt figure out which one was mine because they put a pink sticker on it of which i did not originally have on there.

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 7:08 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Travel

• I once used fabric paint to put a flower on one piece of luggage, which certainly helped. You can buy luggage straps that come in colors and prints and go around the suitcase, which help, although when you're waiting to find your luggage, you will probably find that other people also bought the same straps you did. The best bet, in the future, is to buy luggage that isn't plain.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:21 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I've done the strap thing and the straps got lost by the luggage handlers between the time I turned it in and the time it appeared on the belt. Waste of my money. I like SWasson's idea of painting a flower on it, or any girly design- it could discourage people taking off with the luggage. What I have done is put long strips of duct tape on the bag- not to fasten it closed, but to have the luggage be a bit more visible and distinctive. And the duct tape stays on.

Answer by Bmat at 7:42 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• growing up i thought it was so dumb but my mom used to paint silly designs on our luggage with fabric paint. i tthought she was just being goofy and weird.. but now i understand that she did it so we cold recognize it. the straps SEEM like a good idea.. but i have seen a lot of people with them. and the little signs or whatever you can buy for them break off so easy.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 9:01 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I tie decorator ribbon around the handle of our suitcases. The ribbons are some funky pattern or color that no one else is likely to have. I have never been confused about my suitcase since.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I put an address label on various places on my luggage. It really helps us identify them and if they get lost, they have other ways of getting ahold of us. I also tie a piece of ribbon on to the zipper part. :)
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 11:44 AM on Jun. 22, 2009