What is going on? *TMI*

I got my period. 11 days late. Those 11 days I had what looked like brown snot passing. Then I start what I think is my period. But it's all brown blood. Nothing is red. But I am having moderate flow as I would IF it were red.

Cramps are killer.

I have the paragaurd (copper/10 yr) IUD. I was having normal on-time periods until this one. I have had it for almost a yr now.

I called the Dr's when I was late. They told me not getting a period is normal. But I was passing old blood and it could be my period. So I am going on 15 days of passing stuff. But now its a flow.

I am going to call the GYN tomorrow morning. I just wanted to see if anyone else ever had this before.

And no, none of it was ever red. Its been brown all along.
Thanks.

DeirdraG.

Asked by DeirdraG. at 7:24 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Health

• It's probably old blood, but it's good you're going to the GYN tomorrow, just in case.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Thank you for answering.
    DeirdraG.

Answer by DeirdraG. at 7:37 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• totally normal D lol.
    Mama2Joshy

Answer by Mama2Joshy at 8:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Hi Erin! I just get so worried in that department!

Doesnt help that JOsh walks in the bathroom as I am changing ym pad and goes "WTF is wrong with you?"...Ugh...no privacy!
    DeirdraG.

Answer by DeirdraG. at 9:10 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I had the same thing last month, my first period after having a baby, I called the doctor and he said it was normal. I get it also sometimes every blue moon and when I ask about it Dr. always says that is fine. I did freak me out big time last month tho cuz it never turned red... GROSS!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jun. 21, 2009