What is the youngest you've ever heard of potty training?

My friend had his DD trained at a 1.5years. I guess when they can walk and know what it means you can start?

HolliBerry21

Asked by HolliBerry21 at 7:53 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• my cousin potty trained all 4 of her boys at 1 yr old if they werent ready she still stuck them in undies and just cleaned up the mess she said usally after a week or two of that they do in the potty
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:43 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Every child is different of course, my older sister was 10 months, She was my mom's first child and everyone told her she was too young. She would tell my mom she had to go and my mom would put her on the potty and she'd go. She stopped going in her diapers and my mom finally stopped putting them on her (keep in mind this was before they had velcro fasteners and she had to rip them off). A child must be walking in order to have control over their "potty" muscles, but other than that, once they can communicate, I'd say go for it.
    KeeleyDawn

Answer by KeeleyDawn at 9:20 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• The definition of potty trained is...
    1. Knowing they need to go and then communicating it.
    2. Being able to climb onto the potty.
    3. Going potty.
    4. Wiping.
    5 Getting down and pulling up pants.
    6. Flushing.
    7. Washing hands.
    8. Dry hands.
    If you have to ask your child every 30 min. if they need to go, they are not potty trained, you are still training. If they can't wipe, can't flush, can't get dressed again, or can't wash their hands, they are not potty trained. You can start when ever you feel like it (I have heard of people not using diapers at all). Usually children are able to accomplish all the steps by 2.5 or so.
    Anonymous