Do you cut juice with water?

My doctor said I can start giving juice to my DD but when I talked to a friend she said water it down and I don't remember the doc saying that. Did he just forget to tell me?

HolliBerry21

Asked by HolliBerry21 at 8:03 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, I have always cut my son's juice with water. When I was "pre-mom" I was very anti-juice. Then I learned "everything in moderation, and be flexible to change" LOL. So he gets apple or white grape juice, sometimes that 100% fruit juice punch but it is always cut with water, at least 50/50. And always 100% fruit juice.
    JudesMomma

Answer by JudesMomma at 11:45 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I have NEVER watered down juice. I don't see the point in it. But I also don't see juice as evil as others do.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:10 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• We always water down juice at least 50/50 if not 75%water and 25%juice
    It has so much sugar in it
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 8:24 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• when i give my daughter juice i always do half juice half water. if not she gets choked or has diahhrea.

emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 8:51 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I do 1/2 and 1/2. My Dd drinks a lot a one sitting so I can giver her the recommended 4 oz of juice and make it into 6-8. Plus it cuts back the cost of juice. I only have to buy a jug every 2 weeks or so. It's not like she cares, in fact she has no idea. I have no problem with juice in general, I do think it should be given in moderation.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:17 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• We cut it with water. I don't think juice is evil either, I just hate the amount of sugar. My DD is 3 and we still cut it with water... my 9 month old son we just started juice with.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:26 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My DS is 5 and I still cut his with water but more 25% water 75% juice for him
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I have a paper I got from WIC, that for adult juices do half water and half juice. But for kids and baby juices you dont have to. I do half and half for both tho. Ive noticed he gets chocked with too much of the juice.
    Brittany099

Answer by Brittany099 at 9:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I have always cut juice. At first it was 25% juice to 75% water, now it's about 50/50 since she is almost 18 months.
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 10:21 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i always cut juice.

brittany, baby juice is exactly the same as "adult juice". they both need to be watered down.
    Mama2Joshy

Answer by Mama2Joshy at 10:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2009