Taking Wall Paper off

My mom is redoing her Living room...well there is like 5 different kinds of wall paper on the wall...and I was wondering if there's a way to take it off easier and faster?!?!

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 8:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• If the paper is REAL wallPAPER, it may be more of a chore than the more"modern" vinyl prepasted papers that tend to come right off!

There is a product called DIF that you use with a gadget called "Paper Tiger" (round disk with little "teeth") that will make removal easier. First tear up the paper using the Paper Tiger, then soak one section of the wall at a time with DIF, let it penetrate for about 10 minutes, then using a large PLASTIC putty knife, slide/scrape it under the paper and up the wall towards the ceiling, trying to get the paper off in one piece (goal).

Sometimes if you get free enough paper where you can grab the free edges with both hands, you can pull a whole strip off at one time. If only the top layer comes off, leaving the paper on the wall, just re-wet it with a spray bottle full of hot water and scrape with the putty knife, and carefully pull upwards. Wash/repair bare walls thoroughly before painting!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:25 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Yes it's real wall paper! and Thank you so much for telling me that..I'm gonna let my mom know!
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 21, 2009