is a guy considered a "father" if he sees his kid once every other weekend and pays child support?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes.....of course.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:14 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• If he has a consistent relationship (even if it is not a good relationship) with the child then YES.
    If he pops in & out of his/her life with no contact for years at a time then NO, even if he sends a check in the mail.
    Sounds like in your case he is a father & should be treated as such.
    My kids see their biological dad for 5 hrs a week & he does nothing with them. They go to the play room & play video games the whole time but he is still their dad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Anyone can be a "father," but it takes a real MAN to be a Dad!!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Does the court only allow him to see his child once every other weekend? If he called every day to see his kid, would you let him or would it get on your nerves. I think he's a father....I don't know the relationship this person has with their son, but it may be out of his control, you know?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Yes
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 8:49 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Yes, and it sounds like were it not for a divorce, he would see them more often. The divorce is what separates the family, and then there are new rules of "every other weekend & child support". And it the shoe were on the other foot, "she" would still be a mother. It goes both ways these days.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:17 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I agree with doodlebopfan.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I saw my dad every other weekend and he paid child support. I love my daddy!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:01 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Yes, and i wouldnt go about trying to call that "not a father". My daughters father is "not a father" he sees her about 20 times a YEAR, when its convenient for HIM, and only pays child support when threatened with jail time, and then only enough to keep him out of jail.

So don't you even dare say someones a bad dad for paying child support and visiting every other weekend.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• if he is just paying and visiting to stay out of jail, he is a father but a shitty one.. if he does things with his children then hes a good father, no matter what... its not his fault that you are not together... does he try to see the child more?

i dont know this is a whole can of worms.... and im not in a mood to discuss things...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2009