Confused on a mothers day question???? Any advice would be greatly appreciated????

Hello, I am a bit confused on the above titled question? it all started on mothers day, when my husband had gotten upset that my own father did not wish me a happy mothers day? So he had asked his mom and apparently that i am not supposed to be wished a happy mothers day, even though i am a new mom of an almost 1 year old daughter, now if i am not supposed to be wished a happy mothers day, then when i go over to my husbands parents and she says that he is supposed to be wished a happy fathers day then i know that i will not have the respect for her that i had before because i would have known that because yes i know it is her son. but why would she say that he should be wished a happy fathers day and i should not be wished a happy mothers day. Again ANY advice would be greatly appreciated a ton

Thank you To all Moms who have replied to this post

Sincerly Debbie Zuber and little Racheal.

rachealsmommy

Asked by rachealsmommy at 9:14 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Is that some sort of backwards Mother Day ettiquette that someone thought up?

I have honestly never heard of this.

You are a mother from the moment you first become pregnant - therefore, any subsequent Mothers days - you deserve some recognition.
    Same go's for fathers.

Heck - when I was pregnant and mothers day came around - my mother and my mother-in-law both sent me Happy Mothers day texts.

I'm not sure - maybe this is something other families believe - but I think every mother/fathers day from the time a couple become pregnant should be recognized.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 9:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Wierd set of rules there.
    lynda5

Answer by lynda5 at 9:33 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• she jsut sounds like a bitch
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2009