have you ever gotten one of those toddler sippy cups that have a straw instead of a spout?

Did it leak? Would you reccomend them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd likes hers but the only problem i had was her chewing the straw oh and that when you try to put it back together sometimes it's a pain in the butt to get the straw just right back into the hole. i've never had a problem with it leaking though
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:38 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• my kids love them... never had a problem with leaking... just make suer you clean the straw good... my sil just used to rinse them out... gross!!!!

i soak the straws in bleach about once a week... gets all the gunk out cause theya re hard to clean...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:21 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• They dont leak but they sure a pain in butt to clean. The straw can get really nasty so clean it really good.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• my girls ahve them...the only problem i have is the part where it joins the straw to the lid can be tricky to clean out

and them chewing the straw parttoo.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• The straw one were the only sippy cups my daughter would use at first. I agree with everyone else they can get really gross, I would not reccomend putting them in the dishwasher.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• yeah i use them, they don't leak they're pretty good, cheap too.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I always took it apart & put it in the dishwasher (I "soak" my dishes first, don't hate me, LOL!) but never had a problem with cleaning or leaking, or putting it back together. One thing that DOES happen that is annoying, is that if you put something cold in it, when it warms up some, the liquid EXPANDS and comes right out of the straw. With that being said, I have bought every kind of cup imaginable if it helps with transition, and all kids are different, so you don't know what works until you try it. Good luck!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 3:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My daughter is 18 months and has used the straw cups since about 10 months and she loves them. They can leak it the child turns it upside down and pounds it on the table LOL! Unless you get the kind (I think Playtex) that does not say leak proof, they do not have a valve to stop it from comming out. I never have a problem cleaning them. I would deff make sure you at least pre-rinse the straw after each use(before cleaning) that way it dosnt get all gross. If they chew on the straws, Munchkin cups have replacement straws you can order on line.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 6:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I recommend them. My son loved them. I had no issues with leaking but he did chew through the straws. Just a reminder, don't let the child carry it around and drink from it all the time as it can cause dental problems.
    My2BoyznMe0508

Answer by My2BoyznMe0508 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I would go with Kleen Kanteen, or another stainless steel cup.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2009