• In the Spotlight:

what do umarinade ur steaks in?

im grilling steaks today and i was wondering what is good to marinade steaks in? what do u use to marinade them with?

wildcatsgurl06

Asked by wildcatsgurl06 at 9:45 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• my dad uses dale's sauce
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:46 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• We just use a dry rub of salt, pepper, & garlic. We find that if we use a liquid marinade, it takes away from what the steak is supposed to taste like.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 9:48 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I drizzle olive oil on both sides of the steak. I sprinkle on salt and pepper and fresh chopped garlic and let sit out for 30 minutes before grilling. DO NOT put in fridge to marinade. After 30 minutes I grill to desired doneness. Even the cheapest steaks come out tender this way.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• soy sauce, yummy!!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• We don't marinate good steaks, just rub with olive oil and some salt and pepper. But for london broil or flank steak or something like that we use a very easy and very tasty recipe:

2 Tbsp ketchup
    1/2 c soy
    1/4 c olive oil
    minced fresh garlic, oregano and pepper.

gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I have done all of the above! It's also good if you are using a charcoal grill to put a sprig of rosemary on the coals!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• 1/2 cup A1 1/2 Cup Italian dressing

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 3:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• A1 has an entire line of marinade's. We usually buy the Chicago style or the New York style.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2009