• In the Spotlight:

What is it about the shower?

Yesterday I accidently fell asleep with my 9 month old during his nap time. When we woke up I had to take a shower and get ready for work so I took him in the bathroom and put him in his walker with all sorts of interesting new objects that he has never seen to play with. He was perfectly content until I got in the shower and then he screamed the whole time even though I kept peeking out. My shower ended when he turned blue from screaming so much and not breathing. Does anyone have any ideas why he would do this and what I can do if I ever fall asleep during his nap time again and have to take a shower while he is awake? He normally doesn't care when I leave the room so I don't know why he was so upset with the shower....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if he hates it that much then I'd say just get in the bath with him. lots of moms bathe with their kids, it's quite convenient.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My first was like that. I think he didn't like the steam in the bathroom from my super hot shower.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Bring him in the shower with you? I'd try that if he freaks again when you shower.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:04 AM on Jun. 21, 2009