pregnant with third

I'm pregnant with my third. I have a almost 3 yr old and almost 2 yr old. I was wondering what some of you mommas have done to help explain to my toddlers that they are having another baby sister or brother? thanks!

girlie2

Asked by girlie2 at 9:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am too..congrats. My baby book said unless they are over 4, wait to tell them until you are really showing to not cause anxiety or stress. I have a 3 & 6 yr old. and my newly turned 3 yr old is already trying to bite, pee her pants sometimes. they say they invert or whatever to state their importance in the family. Im due in two weeks, we have been reading books at the library together, she seems to be saying nice things about having a baby to help with. I told her a few months ago and I kinda wish I waited until now to avoid all the stuff she did. good luck!!
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Usually you wait until you are past the 3 month mark to inform young siblings that a baby is coming. Generally, if the pregnancy were to miscarry it would happen before 3 months. This eliminates the need for then explaining why you aren't expecting a baby anymore.

I always simply told my children that they were going to be getting a new baby brother or sister. For the really young one, I got him a baby doll and showed him what things belong to the baby (the crib and bassinette) and how to be "nice" and "gentle" with new baby by demonstrating with his baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I am about to have my 5th and have a 2 and a 3 yr. old they don't seem to grasp it. Maybe they do and I just don't see it but once the baby gets here they will if nothing else lol.
    dsweetpy

Answer by dsweetpy at 12:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2009