Can Anything Stop A 10+ day long Period? I'm Miserable!

Its been 10 long Days! Of Another Bad Period! Where a product/OB can last just 1 hour! I'm Miserable, Hot, Unhappy, Weepy & Depressed! I can't afford any medical Care!! I don't know what others have done when facing this! But I'm to A bad point where I care really now about Nothing!I'd just like it to be over.. Enough is enough. The old me is gone... Does anyone have A Clue or idea? What helped you if anything? I have No energy, strength, smiles nothing... Your Kind reply is all I have to go on! So Believe me its Deeply appreciated! Thank You in advance!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:01 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Health

• You need to be checked to make sure you don't have fibroids/cysts or something else going on. Go to the hospital if needed. They cannot turn you away just because you don't have insurance.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 10:07 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• You need to see a doctor. If you don't have insurance, find a free clinic or a convenient care clinic. Usually there is some medical care available for people who can't afford it. You have an internet connection, so use it to search for the free clinic near you. You could have a serious condition which you can't afford to leave untreated.
    sheilanagig

Answer by sheilanagig at 10:40 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Are you extremely stressed? I had a period that lasted 12 weeks once and it was super heavy. I went to the doc and was told that is was common for women under stress to have super long heavy periods. The doc gave me progesterone, which only helped until I stopped taking it when the script ran out. I started bleeding again. As soon as the event that I was stressed about was over I stopped bleeding.
    I would start doing things to help you relax. Walking and meditation are great.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:56 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Taking birth control pills sometimes stops periods. You could go to the ER and they should be able to help you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Have you tried to see a nurse at the Health Dept? They are income based, so they probably won't charge you and they will give your birth control pills which will help regulate your period.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Please dont be offended...it sounds like menopause...My mom started menopause at 35 (she was very young) and the symptoms sound the same. I remember she would have very long periods, then not have a period for months...Try going to a obgyn and telling them about all your symptoms, not just the long period. I'm so sorry you are so miserable...*hugs*
    brancoj

Answer by brancoj at 4:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2009