• In the Spotlight:

staring sleepy baby

when i am putting my 10mth old daughter to sleep, i generally give her her blankie and just cradle and rock her a bit and she conks out. i know some people prefer letting their babies fall asleep by them self in the crib but i enjoy doing this. if she is too wiggly or fussy i put her in her crib with her blankie and she falls asleep by herself eventually. anyway, recently while rocking her to sleep, she has been staring at me for long periods of time (sometimes half an hour or more) and occasionally reaches up and touches my face. she eventually closes her eyes and falls asleep but i just wondered if this has happened to anyone else?

djureidini

Asked by djureidini at 10:37 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes my youngest does that. And strokes my arm. It's incredibly sweet. I feel so loved when he does that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Yes. How sweet is it when they stare lovingly at you before they fall asleep. So sweet!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:58 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Mine still does this and she is 16 months old.. rubs my arm and reaches up to touch my face.. or when she wakes up at night and I pick her up, alot of time she pats my back.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 12:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• my 2 year old does something like that he like to play with my hair when he was younger that is what he did to fall a sleep he will still do that some time but not to go to sleep un less he is very tired then hell lean up on me and pass out with my hair maybe she does it cuz it makes her feel safe and that she knows you rstill there
    lovergirl1014

Answer by lovergirl1014 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2009