How to break my water naturally??! no bashing please!

I'm sitting @ 4 cm dilated & fully effaced,bulging amniotic sac,and station zero !Being induced June 29 if I don't deliver naturally before that. I'm currently 37 w 5 d.
I was wondering if there is any way I can naturally induce labor and have my water break , so I do not have to be induced...(I hear being induced is more painful than going natural.)

No bashing please!
I just need suggestions...
Thank you!

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 10:51 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Maybe sex?
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:52 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• do some squats.. my sil did that and had each of her girls natural
    Trinity0820

Answer by Trinity0820 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I would not break your own water. The water helps cushion during labor. The pain is much greater after your water is broken, I would wait and get the induction if you last that long.
    With my second pregnancy, I was the same, 4cm fully effaced, I went in for my induction they started the pitocin at 10 am, I had painless contractions until 2pm when I was 6cm. They broke my water and my baby was born withing the hour. It was definitely my easiest labor and delivery.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:01 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I agree with the squats.
    Nathskitten

• Thanks for the suggestions ladies..I'll definately try the squats, as sex is out of the question (Dr's orders)
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 11:04 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Are you sure those dr's orders about no sex still apply? I was told no sex in my first pregnancy and they never told me I could resume it again, but when I went in for my induction my dr said have you tried having sex to speed things along? I just stared and said WTF...you said no sex. lol He said that only applied until I was full term. Thanks for telling me jackass!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Hmm.never thought top ask..haha She did tell me the other day though that the baby is only 5 cm in there..so pretty low...
    I'll have to ask..but even then comvincing my s/o to have sex @ this point would be like pulling teeth and removing his limbs lol
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 11:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• to** not top.
    AshleyRoseG

• Men can be so weird. What if you both agreed with mutually stimulating each other to the point of climax and when he is about to finish he can put it in and finish. The sperm helps move labor along. Also make sure to get the big O yourself, it can cause you to start contracting and may put you into labor.
    Just tell him this is the last sex he will have for at least six weeks, that usually gets guys over their anxiety about sex at the end of pregnancy. lol
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:33 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• he's aware of the whole wait...6-8 weeks or whatever..and he's ok with it lol He's just so stubborn!!
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 11:35 AM on Jun. 21, 2009