Anyone have empty baby food jars?

I am actually a preschool teacher and I am looking for empty baby food jars to do a few art projects over the summer. I posted an ad on Craigslist for empty baby food jars and someone told me to come to this site. I am in the Syracuse, NY area. Please let me know if anyone can help with this!

missbriana

Asked by missbriana at 11:08 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I do. I'd have to ship them to you though.
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I am a preschool teacher as well. I have tons of baby food jars as well, but I don't know what to do with them. What do you plan on doing w/ yours? And no, I'm not letting you have mine. lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i have a couple to do with the beach/ocean theme. One is sand art....cheap and easy all you need it a container of table salt and food coloring. You add the food coloring to the salt, let it dry and it makes great sand art. They love it because they made it on their own. I usually sit them in a large group to do the coloring of the salt and then after it dries split them up into centers and have them make the sand art.

The other idea is called an ocean in a bottle. You fill it half way with real sand then add a sea shell. Then add water (we added blue food coloring to the water last year to make it look like ocean water). We sealed the tops with hot glue gun.

They loved these activities!

I recently did candle holders with them also. You put tissue paper along the outside then paint elmers glue over the tissue paper. They thought these were cool also.
    missbriana

Answer by missbriana at 11:43 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• For christmas one year my mom had my little sister and I make Snow Globes with them we glued little christmas trees and snowmen and such to the inside of the lid and filled the jar with somekind of thickened water put glitter in the and handed them out as gifts(my familys all about home made things) and i Have TONS of baby food jars if you need them
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 3:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i believe you mix corn syrup and water i am not sure of the consistency tho.
    missbriana

Answer by missbriana at 3:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2009