House plant...Help??

I bought this plant,,it's called "Rhipsalis capiliformis"..I have never had this plant before...What I am wondering is..Am I killing it??The stick like leaves are falling off..The plant is still green though..I did repot it when I got it about a month ago.

Asked by louise2 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Thank you all for the info..But I already googled it...I was hoping to find someone who actually had this plant..and could tell me there experience with it.

Answer by louise2 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Are you watering it too much?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Leaves falling off typically mean too much water like the above answer. Are they yellow? Google the plant and see if likes sunlight or shade. In addition, try watering the plant from the bottom. Good luck. Keep your reciept and if it doesn't seem to be thriving see if you can return it, it my might be diseased.
    lovemyboysx2

Answer by lovemyboysx2 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I Love plants & I wish you the Best!! This is what I know in general. Causes of plants Dying. Over watering, underwatering, not enough sun or too much sun. Never feed A ill plant. Also many like some light but not the heat or too much sunlight! Also it is still in shock of being repotted?? I hope you figure it out in time! Plantsare good for you! And to see one Grove & thrive makes me Happy! I hope yours can too! Best of Luck!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:48 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• "It is a cactus, but it prefers more water and less sun than most cactus. A southern or bright east or west window will suit it fine. If you put it outside in the summer place it under a tree in dappled shade. It can comfortably handle temperatures down to the mid-30s.
    water it when the soil feels dry on top for about a half an inch.
    The plant should be trimmed about twice a year, and this can be done with scissors from your home, to a length of your choosing."

All of that came off of info I found on Google. Hopefully that helps.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:57 AM on Jun. 21, 2009