Stupid F*&^ing A#$hole Brother

My step-grandmother died and her funeral is today. My step-father has been there for three weeks already helping take care of her at the end of her life and my mother stayed here (couple states away) with my teenage brothers to make sure they don't get into trouble. My mom and one of my brothers went down for a while last week, but came back to get my other brother for the funeral. Well, my mom just called me crying and both of my brothers decided not to go to their grandmothers funeral. She argued with them for so long about it that she now doesn't have enough time to get there. She feels like it's so wrong for no one to be by my stepfathers side. I can understand why my one brother is staying home, he went there and said his goodbye and wants to make sure things are in order when my SD gets back. But the other one is being selfish. AGAIN. Should I say something to him? I feel like going off.

ajguinn

Asked by ajguinn at 11:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Say something to your mom and brother and then get him help. That's no way to live when someone threatens to kill themself. For whatever reason.
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 1:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• She shouldn't have argued so much with them. If they are 18 she can't make them go. She shouldn't be worringy abou tmaking them go in that case She could have griped at them later all she wanted. If not she should have told put her foot down and told them they are going if thats what she wanted. Sorry, but it is her fault she is not getting to go.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Sorry, but it's not my moms fault. My brother always threatens to kill himself when they argue and he was doing that to her again. Not her fault. His.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 12:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Sorry I should say a little more too. My mom and my other brother were in TX when my step-grandma died. Mom drove all the way back because my other brother said he wanted to be at the funeral. He lost his license when he wrecked her rental car while drinking and ran away from the cops in February, so he couldn't drive there himself. When she gets back, THAT's when he starts pulling his crap about "I should have been the one with cancer, she shouldn't be dead, I don't want to go b/c I didn't know her that well.....I'm a bad son, I should just go kill myself." I guess you're right in that my mom should have just kicked his ass out of the house and at least put him in with a shrink months ago....
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 1:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2009