To move in or not to move in

Do you think couples should move in with eachother before they get married or not?

Krystle21

Asked by Krystle21 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• i dont like to repeat myself
    Anonymous

• It depends on the couple. Personally, I don't believe in living with your SO until marriage. But that's just my opinion. There are LOADS of women on here who will feel differently than I do on this situation.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 12:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I lived with hubby before we got married. Enough said.
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 1:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My hubs and I did not want to live together until we were married - I did not feel right about it and I knew my family (and his grandpa) would disapprove. My sis did move in with her fiancee after she graduated college- they were getting married 4 months later. My nephew and his wife lived together for 10 yrs before they got married....
    I think it is a personal choice.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I think you should live together first. you learn alot about someone when you live with them. So you can make a better judgement if you can tolerate what bothers you about them on a day to day basis before you get married. For example, when my ex and i were dating he was a sweetheart, when we moved in together, suddenly he got very controlling. I wasn't allowed to leave the house without him, he would hide my keys, take my car without asking, he had his many friends keeping tabs on me and we'd fight if i even went to mcdonalds drive thru without him. so when i left him, i didnt have to go through a messy divorce, i just packed up and left.

getting married is a big stressful move in itself, imo you dont need to have to learn all these new habits and quirks about your SO at the same time.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2009